Sandi of What oft was thought and The Storyteller’s Abode surprised me by nominating me with the Liebster Award. I felt very honored and pleased to know they took the time to visit my blog and I accepted with gratitude. Sandi had been nominated by Anna Nolan of Flaming English and The Storyteller’s Abode had been nominated by Sky Blue Daze. Thank you so much Sandi and The Storyteller’s Abode for following me and nominating me!
It has been amazing meeting many new bloggers in such a short time. There are many blogs that have caught my attention and I know I will find many more along the way. It has been hard finding some with less than 500 followers but these are some of the blogs I have found myself visiting often and I would like to nominate with the Liebster Award:
To those I have nominated do not feel pressure to accept, it is optional. It would be nice to get to know more of you in the community so hopefully you feel encouraged to accept. I have copied the rules for accepting the Liebster Award from Sandi’s post.
What the nominees have to do if they accept the Liebster Award
The main rules associated with the Liebster Award are as follows:
1: Acknowledge and accept the Liebster Award by leaving a comment on the blog where you were nominated;
2: Copy the Liebster logo and paste it onto your own blog;
3: Inform your nominees by leaving a comment on their respective blogs;
4: In your blog post about the Liebster Award:
Link back to the blogger who nominated you
Answer the 11 questions put to you by the person who nominated you
List 11 random facts about yourself
Nominate, and link to, three–11 other blogs which you enjoy and which have fewer than 500 followers
List 11 questions for your nominees.
Here are my answers to Sandi’s 11 questions:
- What is your ideal vacation? I’ve always wanted to visit Hawaii since it seems like a great place to get away from the city. London has also been one of the places I’ve always wanted to visit.
- What was your first job? Sales associate at Hallmark (the greeting card store).
- What motivates you to post on your blog? Seeing each day that I get new followers.
- Name a book that you recently finished reading. A friend of mine kept insisting I get on the 50 Shades of Grey wagon so I read it. I’m not very proud of it.
- What is your opinion of reality T.V. shows? Everything they show is over the top. I hate how they portray a certain lifestyle and the new generation tries to follow. We no longer see the smart, talented, and responsible young men and women. All of what made our world a better place is slowly being lost through all types of media.
- How do you feel when a snowstorm hits your area and everything is cancelled for the day? Here in Los Angeles, California we don’t have snowstorms, hooray! Although, when it rains it still ruins our day due to traffic being worse than usual so we just stay in and watch movies.
- Last night, my daughter was telling me about a friend who was applying for dual citizenship in another country. If you could obtain dual citizen in another country, which country would you choose, and why? I would choose Mexico. I was born there but my parents brought us at a very early age, I was 3 years old. I’ve only been back there once but would like to obtain my citizenship since that is my birth place.
- What is your pet peeve with WordPress? Right now it would probably be the pingbacks. I don’t understand how the pingbacks don’t work on the Daily Post but they work on everyone else’s blogs.
- Recently, I saw a study claiming that people who read fiction tend to be more empathetic. This study has generated controversy in my household. What is your opinion about this “finding”? That is a very interesting article. I might have to agree that people who read tend to learn new things quicker than those that don’t. The brain is active for quite sometime causing it to remember memories longer and react when there’s an object in front of the person that may make them reminisce on something they’ve read before. Therefore, that might be the reason why readers feel more empathy toward others.
- Did you believe in Santa Claus when you were a child? Of course! What child doesn’t believe in Santa Claus? It’s the best part of everyone’s childhood.
- How do you prefer to learn about world news — through the internet? through the television? through a newspaper or magazine? I learn through the internet because I find it to be quicker and it’s just a search away. Television would be my second choice but I can’t stand waiting for the most interesting part of the news.
11 Random Facts about Me:
1) I am the middle child or as many might say the forgotten child 🙂
2) My biggest fears are cockroaches and heights.
3) Chocolate chip cookies are my weakness.
4) I have never read a Harry Potter book.
5) I’ve only had one job my whole life and I loved it! I worked at Hallmark.
6) I don’t know how to ride a bike.
7) I don’t know how to swim. When I was about 7 years old my uncle wanted to teach me at the beach but thought the best way to learn was to push me in the water. Scariest moment of my life!
8) I wanted to major in Psychology but didn’t finish college. I do plan on going back some time soon.
9) I had heart surgery when I was 12 years old due to Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome.
10) I had laser eye surgery about 5 years ago because I was tired of wearing glasses.
11) I am 27 years old.
Here are my questions to my fellow nominees:
1) What motivated you to start your blog?
2) What is your favorite holiday of the year?
3) What are some family traditions you enjoy?
4) Thinking back 3 years ago, did you picture doing what you’re doing now?
5) What piece of technology is one you can’t live without?
6) Do you prefer using WordPress from your phone or your computer? Why?
7) Have you visited any other place outside from where you live? Did you like it?
8) Favorite movie of all time?
9) If you could move anywhere else, where would it be?
10) Favorite food?
11) What makes you feel better when you’re having a bad day?
I hope to hear from my fellow nominees and if you cannot accept, thank you and have a great day!