You stand tall when you are freshly cut.
You adorn a home, a person’s arms, or you are laid to rest next to a loved one.
Your beauty puts a smile on a face, your scent fills the air with a sweet aroma.
Though you are temporary, the days that you bloom are the happiest of them all.
Daddy surprised me on my 10th birthday with a beautiful horse and I named her Lucky. She is so sweet and we bonded immediately. After many riding lessons we became inseparable and I knew one day we would be exploring the country together.
My 15th birthday is tomorrow and I asked daddy if we could take Lucky out for a ride, he said yes.
Buzz buzz. I shut off my alarm.
“Dad! Come to my room!”
I heard Daddy’s footsteps and as I looked up to see him all I saw was pitch black.
“What’s wrong Rosie?”
“I don’t know dad. I’m scare. When I looked at my alarm my vision became blurry. Now all I see is black and a bit of light.”
We rushed to the emergency room and the doctor told us I have become partially sighted.
When we arrived home I told Daddy to take a photo of Lucky. I have that photo on my nightstand so I can see her up close and imagine our adventures together.
I am submitting this story to Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers hosted by my blogging friend Priceless Joy. Thank you for another great challenge! We are to write a story of 100-175 words based on the photo provided to us.
If you would like to read more stories just click here.
My first entry ever for this week’s One Word Photo Challenge: Windy
I decided to take on the Allergic to ‘E’ Challenge which my good friend Priceless Joy posted on her blog, Beautiful Words, and thought I’d be fun to join in. I hope I don’t end up on the Page of Lame 😀
Here are the Rules:
1) Write a whole paragraph ( a paragraph sounds easy right?) without any word containing the letter “e” (still easy?)
2) By reading this you are already signed up.
3) Challenge at least five bloggers to do the challenge. They must do it within 24 hours or it is considered as failure.
4) If you fail or pass, suffer in the Page of Lame.
5) If you win, wallow in the Page of Fame.
Here is my attempt to writing a short paragraph without the letter ‘E’:
Timing was just right to say with this paragraph, missing almost a month of blogging, I’m back again. I didn’t plan on staying away for so long but inspiration was lost. Coming back and going through posts my brain instantly had thoughts to put down on this paragraph. I miss sharing photos and thoughts of my own so pardon for staying away for so long. Thank you for stopping by! 🙂
To those who I nominated, I really hope you accept. It’s not as easy as it seems (in my opinion) but have fun with it! I can’t wait to read your response. Anyone willing to take on the challenge is welcome to do so 😀
I’m submitting this photo for Cee’s Black and White Photo Challenge: Open Topic and Sally D’s Mobile Photography Challenge: Black and White.
Thanks for visiting! 🙂
In response to the Weekly Photo Challenge: Vivid
In response to the Weekly Photo Challenge: On the Way
Thanks for visiting! 😀
In response to the Weekly Photo Challenge: Broken
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
As I sit here and think, I feel very grateful for everything I have in my life. I am blessed with a family, a job, and most importantly my life. Whenever I had a bad day I used to take a walk with my dad and sit on this bench, we would talk for hours. It brought some comfort being sheltered in this gazebo and having my dad next to me always made things better. But now that he’s gone this special place means so much more. I make sure to stop by every day because I know he’s always here waiting to comfort me as we sit and enjoy the view. So today I want you to know my daughter, your grandpa will always be here waiting for you when you come into this world.
I am submitting this story to Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers hosted by the lovely Priceless Joy. Thank you for another great challenge! We are to write a story of 100-175 words based on the photo provided to us.
If you would like to read more stories just click here.
The rules for this award:
-Put the award logo on your blog
-Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you
-Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blog
-Nominate any number of blogs you like, linking to their blogs
-Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog, etc..)
Solveig Werner Questions:
1. As a child what did you want to become? (princess is an acceptable answer) I wanted to become a teacher.
2. What piece of your own writing are you most proud of? I’m still working on my writing but two that I’m very proud of is a poem I wrote about grandparents for the A to Z Challenge and a short story for the 5 Photos & 5 Stories Challenge, Mary’s Roses.
3. If you were an animal what would you be, and why? I would be a bird because they get to see new places everywhere they fly to. It must be nice to be away for awhile and enjoy the view from above.
4. If you were stranded on a lonely island (there will be food and drink there) what/who would you take with you (3 things at the most)? I would take my family: my 2 daughters and my husband.
5. Is there some advice that you would like to share? Almost every piece of advice you’re given will make sense along the way.
1. Can you describe the four seasons in sounds? Good! Now, please, show us what you came up with. ^_^ Spring: Birds chirping, Summer: Waves crashing, Fall: Wind, Winter: Rain (Good question!)
2. Who is your favorite fictional protagonist? Antagonist? Why? Honestly, I haven’t read a book in years so I have no answer for this question 😦
3. What do you feel most proud of this week (so far)? I’ve done a lot of volunteer work at my daughter’s school this week and the teacher gave me a small pin to show her appreciation for my hard work.
4. What did you want to be when you were little? A teacher 🙂
5. How do you spend your free time (even if it’s a few minutes)? I sit on the sofa and watch a bit of tv.
6. What skill would you like to learn and why? Self defense because if there’s ever a bad guy around I want to be able to protect my daughters.
7. What does being strong mean to you? Overcoming any obstacle in life without giving up.
To my nominees, you don’t have to accept, but if you do thank you for your time. I enjoy visiting your blogs!
1) Have you ever thought of leaving your blog? What kept you going?
2) Have your eating habits changed from when you were a teenager to now?
3) Would you rather watch tv or read a book?
4) Favorite outdoor activity?
5) Most important person/thing in your life right now?
6) What restaurant would you recommend to others visiting the place you live in?
7) Do you like to travel, if so, where would you go to?